For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then we will see face to face. Now I know only in part; then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known. 1 Corinthians 13:12
- What is the difference between a mirror image and a face to face image? Why would the face to face image be preferable?
- What does the author (the apostle Paul) mean when he says that he has been fully known? By whom? In what manner did this happen?
- Read the context, 1 Corinthians 13:8-13. How does the context clarify and enhance your understanding of this verse?
- As an adult, do you believe that you no longer think like a child? Have you put away childish ways?
- What is Paul looking forward to in this verse? In what way is Paul’s worldview different from that of people who believe that nothing exists except what science can measure? What does any of this have to do with your daily life?