We do not proclaim ourselves; we proclaim Jesus Christ as Lord and ourselves as servants for Jesus’ sake. 2 Corinthians 4:5
Questions for prayerful meditation:
· If I invite someone to church and that person responds with remarks about some “mythical God” or insults me for my “primitive idea about a god” who is being insulted?
· Who did Paul think he was in the big picture? Who am I?
· In conversations on Facebook and elsewhere, some people tell me to keep my religion to myself. Does this verse provide any suggestion for a response to that concept?
· What is the difference between asserting my right to free religious expression as protected by the US Constitution and asserting my faith in conversations with people who disagree with me?
· Where and when is the right place to assert citizen rights to religious liberty?
· Where and when is the right place to proclaim Jesus Christ as Lord?
· How does my commitment to being a servant change the way I assert myself?