I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.
Questions for prayerful thought:
- “I am” is the name of God, given to Moses in Exodus 3:14. How is your understanding of the verse changed by that information?
- Jesus claims that those who receive him as the bread of life will never be hungry. Compare this statement with his statement to the Samaritan woman when he said, “The water that I will give will become in them a spring of water gushing up to eternal life.” What is he really saying?
- How does someone come to Jesus?
- Is Jesus talking about the same experience when he says, “comes to me” and “believes in me?”
- Where do you experience the bread of life?