The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life. John 6:63
- This is a short verse, but dense. Jesus is the Word, yet he calls his words to your attention. How can those words be life?
(Read Genesis 1:3 God spoke, “Light” and his word came into being. Jesus is God in the flesh. Think about his words.)
- Jesus asks you to think back to the words “spoken to you.” Jesus has spoken to you. What did he say? When did his words “burn within you” as they burned in the hearts of the travelers to Emmaus? (see Luke 24:13-25)
- Have you ever said to someone, “Do you get my meaning?” The words of Jesus are spirit, and in that spirit is the meaning. What does Jesus say to you over and over, perhaps asking again and again, “Do you get my meaning?”
- Jesus once said to his disciples, “I am the way, the truth and the life.” Where do you find life in Jesus’ words?
- Developing Intimacy Building the Kingdom (intimatelifelesson-reallove.com)