Jesus Shall Reign Where’er the Sun
Jesus shall reign where’er the sun
Does his successive journeys run;
His kingdom stretch from shore to shore,
Till moons shall wax and wane no more.
To Him shall endless prayer be made,
And praises throng to crown His head;
His Name like sweet perfume shall rise
With every morning sacrifice.
Blessings abound wherever He reigns;
The prisoner leaps to lose his chains;
The weary find eternal rest,
And all the sons of want are blessed.
Let every creature rise and bring
Peculiar honors to our King;
Angels descend with songs again,
And earth repeat the loud amen!
- What are the benefits of Jesus’ reign in the heart of a believer?
- This hymn ranges over images both temporal and eternal. What are examples of each?
- Where can you find biblical images similar to the imagery in this hymn?
- Can you think of psalms that include similar thoughts?
- What comforting thoughts come to mind when you read or sing this hymn?