For the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life a ransom for many. Mark 10:45
- In books that teach career advancement, one of the common mantras is, “It’s not what you know; it’s who.” The disciples clearly thought they knew the right person to advance them to special celebrity status. (See Mark 10:35-40) What was wrong with this idea?
- Do you want career advancement? What good thing would happen if you were promoted? What bad thing might accompany career advancement? What if you didn’t care either way?
- Did you ever consider that you are 100% responsible for the success of your employer? What would you need to differently if this is true? Do you know what your employer thinks it means for him/her to be successful? Do you think Jesus cares if your employer is successful? If you are successful?
- If you decided that your call is to be a servant, whom would you serve?
- Week Six (A): How to do a Verse Study of Mark 10:45 (journalmissionalliving.wordpress.com)