So let us not grow weary in doing what is right. Galatians 6:9
- If you are stressing over a decision and someone says, “just do what is right,” is that advice helpful?
- Leading up to this verse, Paul talked about bearing one another’s burdens (Galatians 6:1-5). Could it ever be the wrong thing to bear someone else’s burden?
- Paul said that we reap what we sow. If we bear the burdens of others, what are we sowing?
- Have you ever felt overwhelmed by someone else’s neediness? Is that the sort of weariness Paul means? How do you cope with such a challenge?
- Sometimes, the only way to help someone else is to hurt yourself. You give away your last dollar. You miss an appointment. You may even help someone to achieve what you really wanted to achieve yourself. What consideration makes it the right thing to harm yourself in order to help someone else? When might it NOT fulfill the law of Christ?
- What is the law of Christ? (Hint: read Matthew 22:35-40)