- What’s going wrong in your world today? Why should you make a joyful noise to God? If God is so good, why is there so much evil?
3 Say to God, “How awesome are your deeds!
So great is your power that your enemies come cringing to you.
4 All the earth worships you
and sings praises to you;
they sing praises to your name.” Psalm 66:3-4
- Was life three thousand years ago that much better than today? Where did this guy get so much enthusiasm for God?
5 Come and see what God has done:
he is awesome in his deeds toward the children of man. Psalm 66:5
- What has God done in your life? What has he done for you lately? Do you know someone for whom God has done awesome deeds?
6 He turned the sea into dry land;
they passed through the river on foot.
There did we rejoice in him,
7 who rules by his might forever,
whose eyes keep watch on the nations—
let not the rebellious exalt themselves. Psalm 66:6-7
- Well, he made dry land for the Israelites in the Red Sea, but I can’t buy a raise at work? I don’t think I am rebellious. I don’t think I am an egotist. Why don’t I think I have anything much to rejoice about?
8 Bless our God, O peoples;
let the sound of his praise be heard,
9 who has kept our soul among the living
and has not let our feet slip. Psalm 66:8-9
- I like this part. I am alive, and I guess that is better than the alternative. Yet I sometimes feel as if my feet actually are slipping. How do I pray this psalm with sincerity?