Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. Matthew 10:39 ESV
- The most popular philosophy in the world is “If you can dream it, you can do it.” Or “You can have it all.” Sometimes it is phrased, “You can do anything you can imagine.” Sometimes it is stated, “Your dreams can come true.” Life is supposed to be about getting what you want and doing what you want. What is Christ’s response to that idea?
- Have you had a personal experience of losing your life and finding it in Christ? What was it like when everything fell apart? What was your experience in finding your life?
- The Bible says that Paul lost his life and found it again in Christ. Do you know that story? Read Acts 9, and then be alert to more hints of that in Paul’s sermons and letters. After Paul lost his old life, what did Ananias tell him would be the mark of his new life?
- Very early in childhood children are asked “What do you want to be when you grow up?” According to today’s focus verse, what is the real question we all should be asking ourselves?
- Are you living the life you believe you were created for? If so, what is it? What if you were paid less or had to live in a bad place? Would you give up your life today if you could be a celebrity instead? Do you know anyone who has given up the life he was created for in order to do something else more glamorous?