- What sort of trials are enveloping Christians in the USA? Are they fiery?
- What sort of trial envelope Christians in Syria? Iraq? Iran?
- Why does Peter call this experience a “test?” What is the question? What is your answer?
- Some people say that if Christians would simply keep their religion to themselves, then none of these troubles would befall them. Why can Christians not be silent about the good news?
- When was the most recent time that you had to make a choice between speaking your faith and keeping silences? What did you do?
- Peter did not stop with the statement that we should “not be surprised at the fiery trial.” He continued:
Rejoice insofar as you share Christ’s sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed. If you are insulted for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. 1 Peter 4:13-14 ESV
- Why should you rejoice when you suffer for Christ’s name?
- When someone insults you for being a Christian, what is really happening to you?
- Are you ready to be blessed today?