The Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many. Mark 10:45
- Contemporary culture is adamant about the importance of customer service. What does this verse say to a customer who is angry that his order was not properly filled and delivery was a day late?
- A person who supervises other people has a right to expect prompt, complete obedience to instructions. When your supervisor speaks to you with a rude, dismissive attitude and asks you to do something beneath your dignity, how does the example of Jesus shape your behavior? When you are the supervisor and an employee responds to your instructions with glib indifference, how does the example of Jesus shape your behavior?
- What is the difference between being a servant and being a doormat? Does Jesus expect you to think of yourself as worthless?
- Some say that marriage is a 50/50 proposition. Some say that it is more like 100/100. What does the heart of a servant say marriage is?
- How does a servant heart affect your interaction with others when your flight is delayed after you have taxied onto the tarmac?
- How does a servant heart affect your speech when someone cuts in front of you in the grocery checkout line?
- How does the example of Jesus help you to teach your children to be servants of all?
By Katherine Harms, author of Oceans of Love available for Kindle at Amazon.com. Watch for the release of Thrive! Live Christian in a Hostile World, planned for release in the winter of 2016.
Image: Open Bible
By Wnorbutas (Own work) [CC BY-SA 3.0